The MALS Speakers’ Bureau provides dialogue and information sharing to create an understanding about the historical and contemporary issues that relate to Manitoba Aboriginal languages. Presentations on Aboriginal languages are guided by the Aboriginal Knowledge Keepers in order to:
- Revitalize, retain and promote Aboriginal languages in Manitoba.
- Promote the survival of Aboriginal languages in Manitoba.
- Build strong relationships with each other in a consistent and positive manner.
- Ensure cooperative and meaningful consultation around Aboriginal language issues.
- Explore joint work and resource sharing in Aboriginal language materials.
- Participate in forums and events around key Aboriginal language issues as opportunity presents.
- Commit to working constructively and collaboratively with partners to achieve our stated goal of revitalization.
How to Book a speaker: